Sunday, December 6, 2009

Bittersweet Moments...

Sometimes in your life, you realize that there really are bittersweet moments. They may be the few times when you have worked hard to realize a goal and then it actually does become a reality. I'm not really sure whether a bittersweet moment has actually crossed my path, until now.
This past week I strived at achieving a goal. I wanted something and I went out and got it. I have no regrets. But I do have feelings. When achieving your dream also means ending someone else's, that is not a feeling of defeat...but rather an almost empty feeling. Remember that when one door closes, another door opens...and life does go on.
So the next stage of my life is to represent the members of Michigan Farm Bureau, as Director At-Large. I will not take this job lightly, I will do my best to promote agriculture and stand up for the thousands of farmers in Michigan who rely on a group of people that truly care about this industry. I will help to promote them, to educate them and to encourage them, because farming is not just a way of life, it is life!!
Until next time,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment